Sunday, June 5, 2016

Delays Delays Delays

So the port is being a fussy little shit. It's not giving a return. At first, I was quite annoyed and decided if a dye study shows it's taking the drugs, then let's just move ahead.

Then I did some more reading online and talked to my nurse friends.

Yeah, let's not do that. Hospital was to call me Thursday or Friday for a dye study. They didn't. Chemo to start Tuesday. I'm cancelling it.

I want my port to work as intended. It should take AND give. The last thing I want is some microscopic unseen hole in the cath and chemo leaking all over the place inside. That sounds horrid.

/sigh.

So I'll call my oncologist tomorrow and let them know that 1)hospital hasn't called and 2) while I do NOT want surgery again, I'd rather choose that option.

Nothing is EVER simple. But hey, that's okay. A few more weeks of swimming in cold water, drinking the icy drinks, and then can proceed to kicking cancer's ass!

No comments:

Post a Comment