Monday, October 3, 2016

Chemo Holiday again!

Finished up chemo on September 20. My CEA went up a little but I also have a finger infection. My diabetes is completely uncontrolled so I must do better in what I eat, etc. Not easy to do, but for my health's sake, I have to make the effort.

Some menopausal side effects. Chemo CAN throw you into early menopause. We'll see if it keeps up or if my period comes back normal.

Feeling pretty good. I took a medical leave of absence from work for the month of September to finish out chemo. I didn't realize how fatigued I was or how much I needed the rest. I go back to work in 8 days and can't wait. Seriously, I'm enjoying my sleep but I could use some more social interaction.

I'm closing my book blog. Will keep the others open as I am product testing and want to get back to knitting. So far, those reviews for products are on amazon only. I guess I should publish them to my blog. lol Well, maybe I'll close that one, too. Knitting and the occasional cancer crap.

I met a woman on Facebook through a colon cancer site. She was sweet and cheery and friendly as hell. She lost her fight yesterday and is now among the stars. I didn't know her well, but man that hit me hard. I was sobbing looking at her pictures and the posts from her loved ones. I think because I have the same disease and one day that could/will be me. RIP Katt Hawkins. You fought long and hard and definitely left an imprint on many people's lives. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment